Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Center channel suggestions and help

  1. #21
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Peerless Magnarc:
    I think you underestimate the importance of a centre channel. It is the crucial part for dialogue.

    If you app is movies, then I'd go for an A7.
    ...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm sorry...I thought I was leaning towards an
    A7 style ....and you are suggesting an A7?
    What am I underestimating?

  2. #22
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmm, that's starting to look kinda ...like a theater. Just add curtains and popcorn (and maybe a butter churn, I like butter on my salt...).

    My adjustment range comment might not even apply to your setup. It was a thought based on my limited HT experience with systems using a 5.1 etc A/V receiver as a hub. The ones I've played with allowed independant delay adjustment for the mains, center and surrounds for their relative locations. Similar to the driver delay on a biamp rig, only for the overall system.

    I'll stay alert for a box for you.

  3. #23
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by bfish:
    Steve, you really need a projector/screen vid set. That way, when someone gives you the old "they were just meant to project a rising midrange through a perforated screen" business, you can just go...duuhhhhh...

    For real though, where you gonna put an A7 in relation to your display and the mains? I'm thinking having the 511s all on the same horiz. plane might be wise. Your receiver's delay adjustment range may limit placement options too.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry, I dunno what yer gittin at with sum kinda receiver adjust range.

    Here's the screen material I will be using:
    www.seymourav.com
    Looks like an ~9 foot wide screen works. Viewing distance will be between 12-14 feet which corresponds to approximately a 36-41 degree viewing angle. That also means moving the speakers a bit wider. Hmmm, right now I got 12 feet center to center on the speakers. That's close...maybe one more foot...ok more negotiation. forums c r a p...

    With the big midBass units toed in, that pushes the screen front back a foot. The following pic doesn't show the toe in but it does show...to scale...an A7 with the 511s' lined up. Pretty cool if I can find a cheap cab. It's funny...I'd rather have an empty cab than the speakers...kind of an inverted eBay dream.

    2

  4. #24
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by donaldpatten:
    Hi Steve

    Loved the guitar track.
    What are the Volume, Enclosure dim. Port size , etc on your stonehenge Vs with 605s

    Don
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Don...
    The Stonehenge V is supposedly 9 cubic feet.
    The port is 11 3/32" x 2 9/16"
    Outside dimensions:
    22 1/16" wide
    17 7/8" deep
    47 3/4" high
    There is also extensive bracing internally.

  5. #25
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by gamalot:
    ...

    I am not all that tuned in with this HT gear and just have a basic Yamaha R-V901, 5.1 system but can adjust each Ch. to sound quite nice.

    I have spent allot more time working to get the TT set up on a solid pearch for those louder momments and squeeze it all into the sardine can LR I have to live with.
    ...

    Gary
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I forgot to compliment you on your speaker grilles. I haven't figured out yet what to do with my Stonehenge V cabs. The aesthetics of the front need redesigning. The speaker grille cover is functional but it makes the cab look top heavy. I need to come up with an idea to have a small minimal round grille around the speaker and re-veneer...maybe some thoughtful grille design like you've come up with. I'd remove the kick plate at the bottom but the height of these cabs right now are just perfect. Classic 416 bass...

  6. #26
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by bfish:
    I'll stay alert for a box for you.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cool, I really think I should put new gpa components in an old cab. In this way it'll make a nice presentation for their site. We're dam lucky to have that company down in OKC.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree. Since you already have the "LF" rear-vented versions, I'd stick with them throughout. They'd be a lot harder to find used than a box will be.

  8. #28
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Post

    What? I wanted bass horn speakers...I got the g series. And there ain't no leakage in the G...I got this right from Bill.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My bad then, I thought I remembered one of your pictures with unvented dust domes.

  10. #30
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by bfish:
    My bad then, I thought I remembered one of your pictures with unvented dust domes.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You must've seen a picture of my head then...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.